Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Best Things in Life

My oldest is only 5, but I am constantly amazed and how much has changed in the way of baby products in such a short period of time. I had a baby shower this weekend, so I spent some time this week looking at all the new gadgets and improved versions of things I had for my three. Then I saw something I could not believe...Let me digress for a moment. I am a bit of a health nut and when I was pregnant with my first I researched everything and I desperately wanted glass baby bottles. How hard would that be to find? I mean that is what I used as a baby, and my parents and their parents (I think you get the point). At the time, impossible. I looked everywhere. I spent hours on line looking. I even had Dot looking for me. I could not find them anywhere. So I settled for Dr. Brown's bottles. Well, here I am five years later in Target and there they are. So I came home and did a little research on the internet and they are sold everywhere now. Now, while this is frustrating for me, I am glad to see that they are now easily available. But more than anything it goes to show that the best things are generally the things that have been around for long time.

Lilly