Thursday, February 26, 2009

I like my...

Klean Kanteen.

I was not what anyone would call eco-friendly. (I'm still struggling with it.) However, I was willing to do my best and give it a try. I was what I would call a recovering water bottle addict. Now how did I tie both eco-friendly and water bottle addict in the same thought?

Well let me tell ya’ll.

There was a time when I had the tendencies to buy bottled water every day of the week excluding weekends. I would either have bottles half full (never half empty) or empty bottles - littering my car, my home, and my workspace all at the same time. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew that there was something wrong with my habit and I had read a lot of articles on the Internet about going green.

I wanted to do my part. Not to mention, the TV commercials scared me, almost into a true believer. I wanted to know, lifetime in a landfill; what did it really meant. Lilly told me to read, Living Green Practical Guide to Simple Sustainability by Greg Horn. When I read the book, I thought that most of his practices were way over my head but I could relate to the Klean Kanteen. It was eco-friendly, health friendly, bottled water in a sense (my addiction), and I thought I could save a little money in the long run. Who was I to argue? I knew that I could surely handle it.

Well, I've owned my Klean Kanteen for about a year now and I haven’t bought bottled water since my purchase with the exception of the occasional bottle past the airport security checkpoint. I've also saved a few dollars. Although, I must tell you, there’s filtered water at work and at home so that made the transition all the more easy.

Go check out the website Klean Kanteen and check out the photos on flickr (good to know I wasn't alone).

Take a gander and drink up.

Dot