Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Welcome to Our Blog

Welcome to our blog A cup full of this. We are Lilly and Dot and we have been best friends since high school.

I am Lilly and I am a happily married homeschool, SAHM to 3 beautiful little girls, A (5), L (3) and M (1). In my free time (yeah right!) I also work at home as a contractor developing training. Before kids I used all my education that took me forever to get to be part of corporate America. I left the corporate world shortly after my first daughter was born. While I loved what I did, I don't miss corporate America at all! Being a SAHM has been not only the hardest job, but the best job I have every had. I feel so blessed that I have been given this great gift. I know not every mom gets that opportunity.


I am Dot not my real name but a name that does hold great meaning to me. I'm a corporate drone and I actually like what I do for a living. It isn’t the nine the five but the people that keep me going. Although, there has been on more than one occasion that my nerves have been a wreck. However, I digress.
I love to travel; however, I spend most of my time traveling to spend too few precious moments with, going forward to be known as, Distant Love. He is a great guy; although if I use his real name, he would lose the remaining hair he has on his head.
I’m a single “pet parent” – not a send my toy poodle to the puppy spa type nor a endulge in the gourment dog food but close.
Raised in the Bible belt and reared by several strong women and I dare not exclude my dad; I have a love of the Word and an admiration for those that made me into the person I am today. It has also made me into the highly opinionated with a thirst for knowledge person that I am today. Thus my BFF Lilly and I are cut from the same cloth and a blog is born.

So between the two of us, we have opinions on just about everything.

We started this blog because we have always wanted to do something together, but we just haven't had that million dollar idea yet. So until then we thought we'd start a blog and share our opinions on the things we talk about everyday.

Thanks for stopping by,

Lilly & Dot